Its no surprise that the latest mobile phone from HTC, the HTC Max 4G, provides as its name suggests, a satisfaction to the max. Despite its striking resemblance with the previous Touch HD (including the features such as the display), the MAX 4G is an experience in mobile telephony.
Just like the Touch HD, the Max 4G runs on Windows Mobile 6.1, paving the way for an entire arsenal of applications: it recognizes handwritings, nests an accelerometer, a proximity sensor and all that under an umbrella that the TouchFLO 3D interface brings. The TouchFLO™ 3D responds perfectly to your finger gestures as you scroll through contacts browse the web or launch media. Automatic display rotation helps you get more pleasure from viewing your photo albums or surfing websites. All you have to do is rotate your phone and the built-in G-Sensor transitions the display from portrait to landscape.
The HTC MAX 4G is capable of providing both Voice and Video over IP connections while on the WiMAX network. This new wireless-data technology offers a max of 75 Mbit/s connection speed; however, UK has WIMAX support only for fixed lines by just two Broadband service providers (Pipex and PCCW). But, as April approaches and with everybody gearing up, there is still hope that another WIMAX wireless variant will come to UK.
However, this new elegant and extremely user friendly mobile phone, also features the WiFi connectivity, the GPS and an 8GB internal memory. A Qualcomm ESM7206A 528 MHz processor powers the 4G, there’s 256MB of ROM and 288MB of RAM onboard, backed by a MicroSD slot. Still, the phone has some shortcomings afterall. These include, firstly, a lack of 3G/HSDPA support, which leaves an user only with GPRS.
But let’s see the entire list of the Max 4G features:
– 2G Network GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900.
– TFT touchscreen, 65K colors, 480 x 800 pixels, 3.8 inches
– TouchFLO 3D navigation (finger-swipe)
– Auto-rotate accelerometer sensor
– Auto turn-off with proximity sensor
– Touch-sensitive navigational controls
– Handwriting recognition
– Polyphonic Ringtones
– MP3, WAV, WMA compatibility
– Unlimited phonebook and call records.
– Micro SD Card slot
– 288 MB RAM, 256 MB ROM
– 8 GB memory (user available)
– 528 Mhz Qualcomm ESM7206A processor
– Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 – 48 kbps
– Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional OS
– 3.15 MP Camera with auto-focus and video recording capability
– Stereo FM radio with RDS
– MP3/MPEG-4 player
– Standard Li-Ion battery, 1500 mAh
HTC Max 4G Video Presentation